Texas Photo Roundup. Geared toward emerging and professional commercial and editorial photographers, this year’s fundraiser features 3 days of programming with an incredible lineup of photography industry experts.
- A BBQ roadtrip to Lockhart, Texas with photographer Wyatt McSpadden / For over 20 years, McSpadden has traveled hundreds of miles documenting the culture and
tradition of Texas BBQ. Students will enjoy a day of shooting and eating in one of Texas’ most legendary BBQ destinations.
- Two-day Workshop with photographer Chris Buck / Buck, who just released his monograph, Presence, will focus on career building, the strategies and pitfalls of executing fascinating portraits with celebrities and regular folks alike, managing time crunches, shy subjects and one’s own fears. Students can expect a rigorous and challenging workshop and will work through 3 shooting assignments.
- Negotiating 2.0 Panel Discussion / Sponsored by Photoshelter, this panel explores the negotiating challenges facing commercial photographers today. Panelists include Jess Dudley of Wonderful Machine, Austin-based editorial and advertising photographer Adam Voorhes, Allen Murabayashi of Photoshelter, Kaia Hemming, art producer at JWT, and many more. Moderated by Allegra Wilde of Eyeist.
- Two days of portfolio reviews with leading art buyers, photo editors and art directors from Pentagram, Dwell Magazine, TracyLocke, JWT, Wonderful Machine, Razorfish, Smithsonian, Fortune Magazine, GSD&M, and many others.
- Lecture, slideshow and book signing with legendary Austin-based photographer Dan Winters, as part of ACP’s Icons of Photography lecture series. Winters is widely recognized for his unique celebrity portraiture, scientific photography, drawings, collages and photojournalistic work, and has received over 100 national and international awards for his work. Winters celebrates his third book, Last Launch, a tribute to the space shuttle program, published by UT Press this year.
- Photographers Monte Isom and Andrew Hetherington’s Covers to Billboards discussion / From their beginnings to where they are now, Isom and Hetherington map out a timeline of their careers in photography, discussing their journeys in the editorial and advertising world.
- Slideluck Potshow Closing Party / A mash-up of a slideshow and a potluck to wrap up the weekend’s events.
Certain events are discounted for ACP and ASMP members.
For more information, please contact Amanda Gorence: firstname.lastname@example.org